Primary goal of clinical Pilates is to gain the strength, posture, tone and elasticity of the body muscles. Clinical Pilates delves more into medical forms of orthopaedic rehabilitation and physiotherapy using unique apparatus.
In today's world accidents are more common. These may be sports related or any other forms of musculoskeletal type of accidents. Here at Lifeline Physiotherapy, the physio works extensively using his expertise on clinical Pilates.
Clinical Pilates is one of the most recommended physiotherapy exercises following a motor-vehicle accident. Either a whiplash or a spinal injury, physiotherapists at Lifeline Physiotherapy primarily focus on stability of the spine and consolidates its position. Here at our clinic, our therapists restore balance and coordination in the body.
How Clinical Pilates Work
During an accident any part of the joint in the body and its surrounding muscles may be injured or strained. After a period of time, clinical Pilates are generally introduced into the regimen for strengthening of the joints and muscles. Physiotherapists go through a complete examination process of injury and start working on Pilates and concentrate on strength and mobility to the injured area.
The Results Clinical Pilates produce amazing results by alleviating musculoskeletal joint pains: Regular performance of these exercises aides in strengthening joints, increasing muscle stability and conditioning of the body. It also helps in lesser intake of narcotics post accidents by decreasing the pain and aiding in healthy lifestyle.
Increased libido: Consistent regimen of clinical Pilates also increase smooth flow of blood in the vessels thereby increasing the libido.
Strengthening posture: Clinical Pilates also aides in posture development and appearance. It also decreases the amount of recovery period, especially during the postoperative period of a surgery.
Reformer Pilates are more a modern type of Pilates. Machines have taken over these types of Pilates. These have helped physiotherapists to actually work more on patient’s recovery period. Actual Pilates generally work on gravity and ground as resistance using mat.
With reformer Pilates the way you can work on physiotherapy has completely changed. At Lifeline Physiotherapy, we have all the latest equipment to serve our clients.
How It Works While working on machine Pilates the springs provide the resistance. Based on your profile, our physios adjust the amount of resistance needed. For example, if you are working on stretching your legs, to and forth, parallel and perpendicular to the ground, you can adjust the springs. This makes you to ponder on the amount of tension that may be required. Here at Lifeline Physiotherapy we give a complete guidance on the amount resistance, stretch and tension that is required while performing these exercises.
Earlier forms of Pilates were performed on mat by standing and performing stretches or by lying supine and performing the tasks. In contrast reformer Pilates has changed the way to a more advanced form of Pilates. Physiotherapists at Lifeline Physiotherapy provide a complete assessment by taking into consideration orthopaedic and your other physician case studies and work on clinical and reformer Pilates to help reach your goal.
Let's take an example of an orthopaedic patient. A postoperative part of a surgery may be a daunting task. It involves a lot of physiotherapy sessions. Initial sessions with the physiotherapist will be mandatory based on the nature of the injury. But after a few sessions, you may be required to strengthen certain part of your core body muscles or joints. In such a case mat Pilates may not work. With these modern equipment Reformer Pilates allows to focus on a particular section of the body thereby helping in gaining back tone and movement.
- Post-Operative Care
- So, you have just had surgery and are unsure what is to be done next. It is definitely the right time for you to call us and seek information. Surgery is just the first step and we will follow through by ensuring you regain normal function.Our physiotherapists are trained in giving you the right treatment for you to achieve full recovery post-surgery.
- Corporate Health
- Sitting is the new smoking. Sitting for more than a couple of hours a day can affect your posture, mood, lifestyle and health.We at lifeline Physiotherapy will give you a thorough insight of how to setup your desk i.e.: ergonomic setup. We can recommend either a stand-up desk or other options for your employer to assist you with.
- Gym Rehabilitation Programs
- Exercises are commonly used to address nerve, joint, muscle or ligament issues and we are experts at this. We have the right knowledge to assist with the biomechanics of your body and give you appropriate exercises for injury prevention.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Whiplash Associated Disorders commonly take place following a motor vehicle crash. This occurs due to the sudden forces of acceleration and deceleration being placed on the spine.Lifeline Physiotherapy understand the repercussions following such an injury and encourages you to come see us to protect further symptoms. We are well aware of the management and treatment required and will go the extra mile to assist you with recovery.
- Dry Needling
- Often you will find that massage doesn't cut it and minutes later you are tight or stiff again. Dry needling is a good option to release tight trigger points, increase blood flow into the area promoting healing.Dry needling can be used to increase muscle length and function, ease pain and reduce swelling
- Pilates incorporates low impact exercises for all ages and levels of fitness. It is used to strengthen the core and stabilize the spine. These exercises are gentle and focus on spinal articulation, breathing and stability.
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Our physiotherapists have extensive knowledge on injuries that can arise while playing sport. Our practice principal has been involved in many sporting clubs such as Ingelwood uniter and Balcatta Soccer Club. Athletes and those who love to be active put extreme demand and stress on their bodies, in particular their muscles and joints and sports physiotherapy can help deal with pain, improve performance and function and prevent future damage and injuries.Sports physiotherapy may include a customised gym rehabilitation program, hands-on treatment, taping and exercise and stretch prescription.
- Geriatric Care
- At Lifeline physiotherapy, we provide specialized treatments for seniors as we understand what a toll it can take on you with joint replacements, or having to deal with osteoporosis or osteoarthritis.The aim for geriatric care it to address your needs whether it be improving your sleep or mobility to reducing your pain and discomfort. We understand ailments you can have as you age and are passionate about helping you with them.